Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 from 9:00am to 12:00pm
Location: Festival Beach Community Garden
With all the development happening in the city, we want to provide habitat spaces in our garden. With your help we will be creating a healthy ecological environment we all can be happy to live in. Please come out and join us create a space that we deserve.
Please wear close toed shoes, hat, and long sleeve shirts so you do not get any reaction to dirt or plants materials.
We will provide gloves and water but encourage you to bring your own water bottle.
- Cleaning and mulching large tree in the garden
- Weeding and mulching Orchard fruit trees.
- Weeding, amending soil for preparation of spring planting.
- Clearing, trimming and planting native plants in our Filtration Swales.
- Preparing our Rain Garden for with pollinating flower to attract bees and butterfly.
- Mulching pathways in our Communal Garden.
- Planting new Asparagus Crowns.
- Painting table and chairs.
- Removal of some trash and small branches / sticks.
We will end our event with some food(pot Luck) and non-alcoholic beverages and with new friends.